A number of our student-athletes were recognized by the News & Tribune recently for their performances during the fall sports season. Among them:
- Volleyball: Senior Marissa Hornung was named a Player of the Year finalist and a member of the All-Area Team First Team as was sophomore Courtney Glotzbach and freshman Alli Hornung; Second Team, sophomore Ceci Rush; Third Team, junior Hanna Mitchell; and honorable mention, juniors Lilly Bivens and Madison Kruer, and sophomore Maggie Purichia.
- Boys Tennis: Senior Nick Boesing was named a Player of the Year finalist and a member of the All-Area Team First Team Singles. Named to the First Team Doubles are junior Carson Carrico and senior Adam Starr. Junior Aaron Agtuca and senior Cullen Ebert received honorable mention to the All Area Team Doubles.
- Boys Soccer: Junior Austin Hughes was named a Player of the Year finalist and a member of the All Area First Team as were seniors Michael Gill and Shane Hesse and sophomore Alex Lancaster; senior Jake Miiller and junior Manny Zarate were named to the Second Team; and junior Sam Kruer received honorable mention.
- Girls Soccer: Senior Hannah Hanlon was named to the All-Area First Team, and senior Olivia Dome, junior Jacqueline Scott, and sophomores Avery Stumler, Brigid Welch, and Carlie Miiller were named to the Second Team.
- Girls Golf: senior Shea Caylor and junior Elizabeth Mayberry were named to the All-Area Second Team, and sophomore Kennedy Allender received honorable mention.
- Cross Country: Sophomore Natalie Boesing was named to the Girls All-Area First Team, and juniors Thomas Gaines and Tyler Upton and sophomore Alex Perkinson received Boys All-Area honorable mention.
- Football: Named to the All-Area First Team were senior Brogan Welch (defense) and junior Kaden Williams (special teams) and Second Team juniors Kevin Smith (offense) and Kaleb McCubbins (defense), senior Spencer Purcell (defense) and sophomore Jonah Scott (defense). Additionally, Kaleb received honorable mention in the Associated Press 2A All-State Team at defensive back and was named to the Indiana Football Coaches Association Junior All State Team as defensive back. Earning a spot on the IFCA Academic All State are Brogan and fellow seniors Jack Wagner, Aaron Shireman, Caleb Lindquist and Manny Schmidt.
- Football: Kaden Williams was nominated a Courier Journal Football Player of the Year finalist and a member of its Southern Indiana All-Area Football Team along with Manny Schmidt, Jack Wagner, Spencer Purcell (offensive line and defensive end), Kaleb McCubbins, and juniors James Hoke and Brandon Schafer.
- Cross Country: Natalie Boesing was named a member of the Southern Indiana All-Area Girls Cross Country Team.
- Girls Golf: Elizabeth Mayberry was named a member of the Southern Indiana All-Area Girls Golf Team.
Thank you for reading the eVision. If you would like to receive the twice-monthly publication in your inbox, sign up here.