Boys Track & Field 2018-2019
Girls Track & Field 2018-2019
The 2018 Boys & Girls Track & Field teams had a successful 2018 regular season despite a young roster. They look to build on that success this season.
The boys placed fourth of 11 at sectional, qualifying for regional in seven events in 2018. This season, they return all four runners from the regional-qualifying 400 and a 3,200 relay teams. Heselschwerdt and Barron, 2018 regional sprint qualifiers, are expected to do well as are Thomas Gaines in distance, Bryce Drury in long jump and hurdles, and Austin Grantz and Jack Arnson in throws.
The girls placed a strong third at the 2018 sectional, and most of the runners from the regional-qualifying 1,600 and 3,200 relay teams. Ceci Rush, a sectional runner-up in high jump, Sydney Barron, a regional qualifier in the 300 hurdles, and Julia Christie, a regional qualifier in the 200, will lead along with Haylee Hall in throws, Reece Bottorff in sprints and high jump, Lizzy Isgrigg in high jump, Claire Reyes in mid-distance, and Brigid Welch, Kaylee Kaiser, Stephanie Koopman, and Avery Stumler in mid-distance.
Head Coach Jeanne Luther ’82
Susan Reinmiller Cox ’82, Jumps
Bill Kaiser ’91, distance
Kevin Ferree ’94, Hurdles & 400
Garrett Braun ’14, Sprints
Postseason History (since 2014):
- Girls – third at sectional, seven regional event qualifiers
- Boys – fourth at sectional, seven regional event qualifiers
- Girls – fourth at sectional, five regional event qualifiers
- Boys – third at sectional, four event champions, nine regional event qualifiers; one regional event champion; two qualify for state – Tyler Ettel ’17 (110 hurdles, fourth place) and Micah Oberhausen ’17 (shot put)
- Girls – third at sectional, one event champion, 10 regional event qualifiers; Bayley Wade ’17 800m run state qualifier
- Boys – third at sectional, two event champions, 12 regional event qualifiers; Tyler Ettel ’17 110 hurdles state qualifier
- Girls – fourth at sectional, two event champions, four regional event qualifiers; Bayley Wade ’17 800m run state qualifier (placed 19th)
- Boys, one event champion, three regional event qualifiers; Micah Oberhausen ’17 long jump state qualifier
- Girls – third at sectional, three event champions, eight regional event qualifiers; one regional event champion; Charmaine Solis (400m dash – 17th place) and Bayley Wade (800m run) qualify for state
- Boys – six regional event qualifiers
Track Season Schedule (subject to change)