Boys Track & Field 2018-2019
Girls Track & Field 2018-2019
The 2019 Track & Field teams had a successful season that culminated sending one of the largest groups of student-athletes to regional in several years.
The Girls Track team placed third place at sectional, behind 5A schools New Albany and Floyd Central. Eight of the girls placed in the top three spots in their events, earning automatic bids to regional: Avery Stumler ’20 (second in 400m), 400m relay team (second; Justus Vaughn-Bowman ’22, Sydney Barron ’20, Reese Bottorff ’21 and Julia Christie ’21), Kaylee Kaiser ’20 (third in 1600m), Sydney Barron (third in 300m hurdles), Haylee Hall ’19 (third in shot put), and the 1600m relay team (third; Julia Christie, Sydney Barron, Avery Stumler, and Ceci Rush ’20).
- Girls’ Sprint Medley record broken by Sydney Barron, Reese Bottorff, Julia Christie and Avery Stumler with a time of 1:54.65.
- Academic All-State: Brigid Welch, Ceci Rush, Claire Reyes and Alex Perkinson
- Academic All-State Honorable Mention: Haylee Hall, Stephanie Koopman, Kaylee Kaiser, Hayden Burke, Bryce Drury, Bradon Dykes, Sam Kruer, Nolan McCain, and Gabe Tucker
- Chris Heselschwerdt signed a Letter-of-Intent to attend the University of Southern Indiana and compete on the Men’s Track team.
Head Coach Jeanne Luther ’82
Susan Reinmiller Cox ’82, Jumps
Bill Kaiser ’91, distance
Kevin Ferree ’94, Hurdles & 400
Garrett Braun ’14, Sprints
- Girls – third at sectional, 10 regional event qualifiers
- Boys – fourth at sectional, 11 regional event qualifiers
- Girls – third at sectional, seven regional event qualifiers
- Boys – fourth at sectional, seven regional event qualifiers
- Girls – fourth at sectional, five regional event qualifiers
- Boys – third at sectional, four event champions, nine regional event qualifiers; one regional event champion; two qualify for state – Tyler Ettel ’17 (110 hurdles, fourth place) and Micah Oberhausen ’17 (shot put)
- Girls – third at sectional, one event champion, 10 regional event qualifiers; Bayley Wade ’17 800m run state qualifier
- Boys – third at sectional, two event champions, 12 regional event qualifiers; Tyler Ettel ’17 110 hurdles state qualifier
- Girls – fourth at sectional, two event champions, four regional event qualifiers; Bayley Wade ’17 800m run state qualifier (placed 19th)
- Boys, one event champion, three regional event qualifiers; Micah Oberhausen ’17 long jump state qualifier