Following up a state runner-up season is not easy, but the 2018 Girls Tennis team met each goal created at the start of the season. The team won the Crawfordsville Invitational for the first time, earned its third straight sectional championship, secured its third straight regional title, and won its second consecutive semi-state championship. At state, the team lost a close 2-3 match to No. 1 Carmel, the eventual state champion. No. 1 singles Halli Trinkle advanced to win the individual state singles title. Girls Tennis finished the regular season ranked No. 3 in the state rankings. The team graduates seniors Heidi Popson (No. 1 doubles with Hannah Conder), Izzy Coe and Clare Hooper ( No. 2 doubles), and varsity alternate Kirstie Krininger. Next season, the team will look to Halli, Natalie Boesing (No. 2 singles), Maria Popson (No. 3 singles), and varsity alternate Anna Coe.
Head Coach Scott Gurgol
Assistant Coach Chris Jacobi
Individual Honors 2017-2018:
- Halli Trinkle, National High School Tennis All-American; Indiana High School Tennis Coaches Association first-team All-State in singles, All District singles, 18-1 season
- Natalie Boesing first-team All-State in singles, All District singles, 23-1 season
- Heidi Popson and Hannah Conder, second-team All-State in doubles, All District doubles; Heidi, first-team Academic All-State
- Maria Popson, All-State honorable mention and All District in singles
- Clare Hooper and Izzy Coe, All-State honorable mention and All District in doubles; Izzy, first-team Academic All-State; Clare, Academic All-State honorable mention
Postseason History (since 2014):
- 2018: Sectional, Regional, and Semi-State Champions; State Quarterfinalists; Halli Trinkle State Singles Champ.
- 2017: Sectional, Regional, and first-time Semi-State Champs as team; first time as State Runners-Up
- 2016: Sectional, Regional Champs; one individual advanced to singles state semi-finals
- 2015: Doubles Sectional Champions